JTK Red on Black
JTK Red on Black is another keyset from the relatively new Chinese manufacturer, JTK.
Inspired by Coca-Cola's signature red on black design, JTK's Red on Black incorporates Coke's logo into its novelties.
Red on Black is for MX-compatible keyboards, Cherry profile, and ABS with doubleshot legends. With a whooping 157 keys in the base set, JTK Red on Black is compatible with most existing keyboards.
- ANSI 104 (104 keys)
- Additional keys (42 keys)
- R1: 1u “ ~`”, “Esc”, “GEEK HACK”, “JTK”, “Cherry”, “Delete”, “End”, “PgDn”
- R2: 1u “-”, 1.5u “HHKB Backspace”
- R3: 1u “+” , “F” bar, “J” bar, 1.75u Stepped “Caps Lock”, “Control”, 2.25u “CTRLALT”
- R4: 1u “Star”×2, “Anchor”×2, “Fn”, “Win”, “0 Ins”, 1.25u “Ctrl”×2, 1.5u “Control”×2, “Ctrl”×2, “Alt”×2, 1.75u “Shift”, 6.25u “Coca-Cola” Spacebar, “GEEK HACK” Spacebar, Black Spacebar, 7u “Coca-Cola” Spacebar, “GEEK HACK” Spacebar, Black Spacebar
- R1 LED Keycap: 1u “Num Lock”, “Scr Lock”, “Cherry”
- R3 LED Keycap: 1.75u Stepped “Caps Lock”
JTK Costar Inserts
Some mechanical keyboards (notably from Filco and CoolerMaster) use Costar stabilizers, which have a wire that goes straight through the keycap's Costar inserts. Due to variations in Costar inserts produced by different manufacturers, JTK designed their own Costar stabilizer inserts to ensure compatibility.
JTK was established in 2014 with the goal of creating quality yet affordable doubleshot ABS keycaps for keyboard communities worldwide. Since its conception, JTK has created many popular designs, including Orange on White, Orange on Black, Pink on White, Pink on Black, Red on White, Red on Black and more. With each new keyset, JTK has continued to refine its design and production.
JTK keysets are created according to Cherry spec, following the dimensions of Cherry profile keycaps. The doubleshot ABS keycaps from JTK feature legends that never fade from wear. As the legends are also plastic and not dyed, more vibrant colors can be produced, compared to dyesubbing or laser engraving.
As ABS keycaps are prone to "shining" over time due to surface oils of fingers eroding keycap surfaces, JTK decided to employ a textured surface finish on their keycaps. This greatly reduces shining, extending the lifespan of the caps and putting JTK ahead of other ABS keysets.
Benefits of doubleshot keycaps:
- Legends that will never fade or be worn out
- More colors available as opposed to dyesubbing (only darker legends on lighter background).
- Legends do not affect keycap surfaces, keeping the surface completely uniform throughout (unlike lasered/printed/UV coated legends)
- JTK Red on Black
- Cherry profile
- High quality 1.5mm doubleshot ABS plastic
- Manufactured by JTK
- Made in China
- In stock
- Ships within 3 business days from Shanghai, China
- Tracking information will be provided once shipped